- 80 billion euros granted from 2014 - 2020 by Horizon2020!
80 billion euros granted from 2014 - 2020 by Horizon2020!
Horizon 2020 is the successor of the European 7th framework programme (FP7, 2007-2013), and is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly 80 billion euros of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020). The programme is open to everyone, with a fast apply and decision structure so participants can focus on what is really important. This approach makes sure new projects get off the ground quickly – and achieve results faster.
Two year work programmes announce the specific areas that will be funded by Horizon 2020. They can be used as a calendar for the calls for proposals (‘calls’), to be published during the year. These calender will be shown in this section of our site. Each call gives more precise information on the questions that the Commission would like you to address in your proposals.
The application process can be resumed in:
1. a submitting of your proposal: if you wish to respond to a call, you must submit a proposal before the deadline;
2. find your partners: most of the calls require a team of at least three partners. Search systems have been installed to help you to identify a potential partner with particular competences, facilities or experience;
3. evaluation by experts: once the deadline has passed, all proposals are evaluated by a panel of independent specialists in their fields. The panel checks each proposal against a list of criteria to see if it should receive funding;
4. grant agreement: once a proposal passes the evaluation stage (this will be after about five months), applicants are informed about the outcome. The European Commission then draws up a grant agreement with each participant. The grant agreement confirms what research & innovation activities will be undertaken, the project duration, budget, rates and costs, the European Commission's contribution, all rights and obligations and more. The time limit for signing the grant agreements is generally three months.
Have a look at the calls of proposals, anounced in this section of our site!