- Horizon Europe, what does this mean for Flanders?
Horizon Europe, what does this mean for Flanders?
Horizon Europe is the European programme for funding research and innovation for the period 2021-2027. The support amounts to 70% to 100% of the allowable costs within the investment. Depending on the objective, individuals, companies, universities, research institutions and technology dissemination organisations can participate. To be eligible, the programme is based on three pillars:
1. Excellent Science supports groundbreaking research projects that are defined and driven by the researchers themselves (bottom-up approach). The aim is to keep or bring science in Europe at the top level.
2. Global Challenges and Industrial Competitiveness focuses on the major challenges Europe and the world are facing. It supports direct research in which different actors (research and educational institutions, industry, NGOs, etc.) work together to find a solution.
The pillar is divided into 6 clusters:
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
- Civil Security for Society
- Digital, Industry and Space
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment
3. Innovative Europe, which focuses on supporting innovation to strengthen EU competitiveness.
As in previous programmes, calls for project proposals are used. The conditions for support are varied and depend on the project.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to look into the eligibility of your project together with you.