- Training aid for large enterprises
Training aid for large enterprises
Both large companies and SMEs can apply for strategic transformation aid as a financial incentive to carry out an innovative project. The subsidy is divided into investment support (up to 8%) and training support resulting from the project (up to 20%). However, large enterprises are only entitled to the training part. However, in order to benefit from the training aid, they also have to present a sound transformation plan.
The assessment framework for this transformation plan was already outlined in a previous article. However, the parameters are applied more strictly to a large enterprise than to a small SME. For example, the enterprise must score 'excellent' on innovation, internationalisation and sustainability. Only if the assessment is positive, can the training courses linked to the project be subsidised.
Below is a short list of the training expenses that are eligible for the calculation of the eligible amount:
- personnel costs of trainers
- trainers' and trainees' travel expenses
- other current expenses such as materials and supplies
- depreciation of tools and equipment
- cost of guidance and counselling services
- trainees' personnel costs.
However, large enterprises may benefit from the subsidy on the investment part if the following conditions are met
- investments are made in a regional aid area (changes from 2022 onwards)
- there is an investment in a new economic activity.
If you have doubts about whether your transformation plan is sufficiently innovative, or if you want more information about the regional support zones, do not hesitate to contact us.