- More techniques subsidised through Ecology Premium Plus
More techniques subsidised through Ecology Premium Plus
The Flemish Region awards an 'Ecology Plus Bonus' to companies that invest in more ecological and better-performing (treatment) plants or means of transport. In this way, the Flemish Region wants to encourage companies to switch to a more environmentally friendly and energy-efficient way of doing business. The subsidy depends on
- the technology in which the investment is made
- the size of the enterprise
- whether or not environmental charters or certificates can be presented (can lead to bonus support)
The technologies that are eligible for such a subsidy are on the so-called Limitative Technology List. This list is regularly updated, so technologies are added or removed, or the subsidy percentage is adjusted.
Recently, 43 technologies were chosen for the renewed list (23/05/2022), divided into the following three categories:
- environmental technologies
- energy-saving technologies
- renewable energy
However, the subsidy is only calculated on the 'essential elements' of the technologies on the list. These are the elements that distinguish this technology from commonly used methods, and which also entail the additional cost of the investment. The subsidy can amount to between 15 % and 55 % of the extra cost.